Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud-based collaboration suite, which offers many different tools. Among these are several digital communications platforms: Email via Exchange Online, chat/audio/video conferencing with Teams, and chat with Yammer.
University of Chicago staff, faculty, and students are able to use these tools to collaborate.
All faculty, staff, and grad students are entitled to claim an Office 365 mailbox. Exchange mailbox limits are detailed in this article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/exchange-online-limits.aspx
- Chat and collaborate with a team of under 2500 people: use Teams. Microsoft Teams is a hub for teamwork in Office 365: a chat-based work space to collaborate in real time.
- Chat with all of campus: use Yammer. Yammer is a private social network that helps you get connected to the right people, share information across teams, and organize around projects. Only your coworkers can join, so your communications on Yammer are secure and visible only to people within your organization.
- Cloud-based email with Exchange Online.
- Acceptable Use Policy: http://its.uchicago.edu/acceptable-use-policy/
- File Sharing Policy: https://itservices.uchicago.edu/policies/file-sharing-policy
- The Office 365 website (https://office365.uchicago.edu) contains links and pointers to relevant documentation and training for each application within the suite.
- The ITS knowledge base (https://uchicago.service-now.com/it/)
- Direct link for Exchange-related articles: https://uchicago.service-now.com/it?id=kb_category&kb_category=31f02f6213f8364012c2bc122244b0a8
- Direct link for Teams-related information: https://uchicago.service-now.com/it?id=search&t=&q=Teams&search=
- Microsoft’s support website for Office (https://support.office.com/)